County Clerk-Auditor

Office Hours:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri

25 North Main
Heber City, Utah 84032

Phone (435) 657-3190
Fax (435) 654-0834

Project-Image Joey D Granger
County Clerk-Auditor
Term: 2023-2026

Wasatch County Clerk-Auditor

Wasatch County has a combined Clerk & Auditor department. The Clerk prepares, administers, processes, and maintains all Countywide elections. The Clerk issues marriage licenses and processes passports for all qualified candidates. The Clerk prepares agendas and takes minutes of the Board of County Commissioners meetings and keeps on file all official documents. The Auditor administers the financial functions for the County. The Auditor is the budget officer and prepares and administers the Countywide budget. The Auditor maintains records of all financial transactions, conducts reviews and internal audits, issues financial statements and reports. The Auditor shares management duties of the property tax system with the Recorder, Assessor, and Treasurer and oversees the Board of Equalization.

Passport Application Scheduling Pause
Passport application appointments will not be available June 18 - 26, 2024, due to the 2024 Republican Primary.

Elections - Voting

Election 2024

Republican Primary - June 25, 2024

The Primary Election Public Logic and Accuracy testing will be conducted on Monday, June 10, 2024, at 2:00 pm at the Wasatch County Administration Building, 25 North Main, Heber City, UT 84032. The public is invited to attend.

  • Primary ballots are to be delivered starting June 4, 2024.
  • Ballots can be dropped off at the following locations:
Ballot Drop-Off Location Address City Day and Time
County Admin Building
   Inside Drop-Off
25 N Main Heber City 06/04 - 6/25
Closes at 8 PM on 6/25
County Admin Building
   Drive-Up Drop-Off
25 N Main Heber City 06/04 - 6/25
Closes at 8 PM on 6/25
Midway City Offices
   Drive-Up Drop-Off
75 N 100 W Midway City 06/04 - 6/25
Closes at 8 PM on 6/25
Charleston Town Hall
   Drive-Up Drop-Off
3454 W 3400 S Charleston  06/04 - 6/25 
Closes at 8 PM on 6/25
Hideout City Offices
   Drive-Up Drop-Off
10860 N. Hideout Trail Hideout 06/04 - 6/25
Closes at 8 PM on 6/25
Wallsburg Town Hall
   Drive-Up Drop-Off
70 West Main Canyon Rd Wallsburg 06/04 - 6/25
Closes at 8 PM on 6/25
County Library
   Drive-Up Drop-Off
465 E 1200 S Heber City 06/04 - 6/25
Closes at 8 PM on 6/25

Presidential Primary Voting

Democratic Presidential Primary

Notice of Election

Notice of Election - 2024 Regular General Election - pdf

2024 Declarations of Candidacy

as of January 8, 2024, 5:00 pm

Candidates Candidates
Wasatch County Council - Seat B Wasatch County Council - Seat D
Wasatch County Council - Seat E Wasatch County Council - Seat G
Wasatch County Assessor Wasatch County Recorder
Wasatch County Surveyor Wasatch County Treasurer
Wasatch County School Board - Seat E Wasatch County School Board - Seat F
Wasatch County School Board - Seat G State of Utah School Board
State of Utah House of Representatives - Seat 59    

Voter Registration is open to all Wasatch County residents that are:

  • Citizens of the United States
  • Residents of Utah for at least 30 days prior to Election Day
  • At least 18 years old on the day of the election
  • Residing at the address where they are registering

Tools to check registration status and register to vote -

  • Check registration status and party affiliation
  • View sample ballot
  • Find information on elected officials
  • Track status of a ballot
  • Locate Voting Assistance Centers

Online Voter Registration -

  • Register to vote (requires a valid Utah Driver License)
  • Update voter registration or party affiliation
  • Mark a ballot preference for partisan primary elections

Mail in or in person

Wasatch County Current District and Voting Precincts Maps

Wasatch County Council and Wasatch County School District Representation Districts: (County Council Seats A & B are At-Large seats)

Seat C
Seat D
Seat E
Seat F
Seat G

Wasatch County Voting Precincts:
(Use the precinct maps to identify your voting precinct. Seats A & B are County-Wide At-Large seats)

2022 Precinct Maps - pdf (all maps in one pdf)

Seat C Seat D Seat E Seat F Seat G
Precinct 100 Precinct 200 Precinct 300 Precinct 400 Precinct 500
Precinct 101 Precinct 201 Precinct 301 Precinct 410 Precinct 501
Precinct 102 Precinct 202 Precinct 302 Precinct 411 Precinct 502
Precinct 103 Precinct 203 Precinct 303 Precinct 412 Precinct 503
Precinct 104 Precinct 204 Precinct 304 Precinct 413 Precinct 504
Precinct 105 Precinct 205 Precinct 305 Precinct 414 Precinct 520
Precinct 106 Precinct 206 Precinct 306 Precinct 415 Precinct 530
Precinct 120 Precinct 207 Precinct 307 Precinct 416 Precinct 540
Precinct 121 Precinct 208 Precinct 320 Precinct 417 Precinct 550
    Precinct 330   Precinct 560
    Precinct 331   Precinct 561
    Precinct 340   Precinct 562
    Precinct 350   Precinct 563

County Wide Voter Precinct Map - Updated 2022

This map shows all county voting precincts county-wide.

Online Interactive Map is found here.



2022 Redistricting

2022 was a Redistricting and Reprecincting Year. Changes were made that affected you as a Voter.

Every 10 years, County and State governments must redistrict the elected offices that represent geographically distinct regions of the County or State. The State of Utah redistricted the State Board of Education, State House of Representatives, State Senate, and Federal House of Representative districts late in 2021. The results of these State changes are the following:

Federal & State Redistricting

State Board of Education:

State House of Representatives:

State Senate:

  • Senate Seat 20: Heber City, Midway City, Jordanelle Area, Bench Creek Area, Strawberry Basin, and Currant Creek Area. - Online State of Utah Map
  • Senate Seat 24: Round Valley Area, Wallsburg Town, Provo Canyon Area - Online State of Utah Map
  • Senate Seat 26: Charleston Town, Daniel Town, Center Creek South Area, Timberlakes Area - Online State of Utah Map

Federal House of Representatives:

Local County Redistricting

Upon the conclusion of State level redistricting, Wasatch County commenced the redistricting of the County Council and Wasatch County School District School Board Districts. Both the Council and School Board share the same geographic districts. 

Wasatch County Council and Wasatch County School District Representation Districts: (County Council Seats A & B are At-Large seats)

After County redistricting was completed, the County began the reprecincting process to adjust all voting precincts in the County. All voting precincts in the County have been adjusted to serve the community for the next 10 years. Also, all precincts have received new precinct numbers to tie the precinct to its Council/School Board district.

2021 Redistricting Proposals

Board of Equalization

Board Of Equalization

The Board of Equalization will be accepting appeals August 1st - September 15th.

If you wish to appeal some aspect concerning the valuation of your property, you must file an appeal application with the County Board of Equalization. Please refer to Reason for Appeal to see what type of appeal applies to your situation. All evidence supporting your market value estimation must be included when filing your application for each appealed parcel. If supporting evidence is not included, the board will deny the appeal.

The "Request for Review" link below will take you to an online form. Fill out the form (2 tabs), upload any needed documentation, and press the "Submit" button. Your application has been submitted. The filing deadline is September 15, 5:00 p.m. All appeal forms and evidence must be received online, in person, or by mail before that time. A separate appeal form and supporting evidence are required for each parcel appealed. Hearing times will be set as needed. Please provide valid contact information, including current phone numbers, and please make yourself available for phone calls from Wasatch County.

If you wish to use a paper form, please stop by the Clerk/Auditor's Office, 25 North Main Street, Heber City, Utah, 84032, or call (435) 657-3190.

To better understand Utah's property tax system, view our Utah's Property Tax System page.

Board of Equalization (BOE) Forms

Other Forms

Please submit Residential Exemption forms to the Assessor's Office before June to avoid the need to appear before the BOE.


Wasatch County Budget Information

County budget information can be found here.  Information found here includes past and present budgets and tentative budgets for future years (November and December each year).


Budget Year & Budget Type PDF Link
Adopted County Budget - December 4, 2023
Tentative County Budget - November 2, 2023
Adopted County Budget - December 7, 2022
Tentative County Budget - November 7, 2022
Nine-Month Financial Report - November 7, 2022
Final County Budget - Approved - December 14, 2021
Proposed County Budget - November 11, 2021
Proposed County Budget General Fund - November 23, 2020
Proposed County Budget Other Funds - November 23, 2020
Approved County Budget - December 4, 2019  
Proposed County Budget Updated - December 4, 2019 
Proposed County Budget - November 12, 2019  
Proposed Budget Amendments - December 4, 2019
Approved County Budget - December 19, 2018  
Proposed County Budget - November 6, 2018
 Approved County Budget - December 20, 2017
 Approved Budget - Other County Funds - December 20, 2017  
 Proposed Parks & Rec SSD Budget - as of November 28, 2017  
 Proposed Solid Waste SSD Budget - as of November 28, 2017  
County Budget - Approved Dec 21, 2016  
Parks & Rec SSD, Solid Waste SSD and Library Budget  
County Budget - Approved Dec 23, 2015
Amended County Budget - Approved Dec 23, 2015  
County Budget - Approved Dec 2014
County Budget - Amended
Parks & Recreation Budget - Amended Budget
      County Budget  
     County Budget  
      County Budget  

Business Licenses

Business licenses are needed for any business doing business in the unincorporated county.

Applying for a Business License in the County or MIDA

Business License Application Using the Map

Use this solution if you do not know your parcel number and are a business located in the county

Business License Application using the Form

Use one of these solutions if you know your parcel number or are not located in the county

Business License Code and Regulations

Contact Us

Marriage Licenses

Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses can be obtained from a clerk’s office. Utah Marriages licenses are valid for ceremonies performed in any county in the State of Utah. The licenses must be used within 30 days of issuance. If the license is not used please return it to the Clerk’s Office. Refunds or extensions cannot be given.

How to Apply

Both parties must fill out a marriage license application and appear in person with valid picture id. A fee of $40.00 cash, check, or card is required to buy the license. (American Express is not accepted. There is a 2.5% fee for all other cards). Two certified copies are included with this fee. The certified copies are used to make name changes etc…

Minors Requesting a Marriage License

If an applicant is 16 or 17 years of age a parent with legal custody or a legal guardian must be present with ID to sign consent.

If the applicant is 15 years of age an authorization to marry must be provided by a Juvenile Judge of the court exercising juvenile jurisdiction in the county where either party to the marriage resides. The written authorization may also be obtained from a court commissioner as permitted by rule of the Judicial Council.

Applicants 14 years of age and younger cannot obtain a marriage license under Utah law.

Who Can Perform a Marriage?

Ministers, rabbis, or priests of any religious denomination who are; in regular communion with any religious society and are 18 years of age or older, others who may solemnize marriages include Municipal Mayors and Judges.


Marriage License Application - pdf, 2019 Form

Please fill out application, print, and bring it with you to the Clerk's Office. DO NOT SIGN application until instructed to do so by the Clerk's Office staff.

Notices of Proposed Tax Increase



Passport Application Scheduling Pause
Passport application appointments will not be available June 18 - 26, 2024, due to the 2024 Republican Primary.

Passport applications will be received via appointment only.

Passport photographs are not available at the Clerk's office.
Use the link to request an Appointment.


Updated January 2024

Passports are required for all U.S. Citizens to regain entry into the United States after traveling outside the country.  As of June 1, 2009, any travel outside the United States or its territories will require a passport to re-enter the country.  This requirement includes Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean Islands.

Passport Submission Process

Step 1: Schedule an Appointment

To schedule a passport appointment, please email or call 435-657-3190.

Step 2: Fill Out the Application before Appointment

Before the appointment, fill out all applications to be submitted:

Passport Appointment and  Application Requirements:

  • Application filled out in black ink. 
  • All applicants must appear in person; both parents must appear in person with children under 16.
  • One parent is required to be present with a 16 to 17-year-old child. 
  • Bring a Passport quality picture for each applicant
    • Passport photographs are not available at the Clerk's office
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship, a certified birth certificate, or a naturalization document.
  • Picture identification, such as a driver's license or military identification. 
  • A check or money order is required for each application. 

Step 3: Passport Fees

6 - 8 Weeks
2 - 3 Weeks
Passport Book (age 16 and older) $130.00 $209.53
Passport Book (age 15 and younger) $100.00 $179.53
Passport Card (age 16 and older) $30.00 NA
Passport Card (age 15 and younger) $15.00 NA
County Application Fee
(Fee charged for the execution of each application)
(Check made out to "Wasatch County Clerk," Money Order, Credit Card or Cash)
$35.00 $35.00
If you have questions, please contact the Wasatch County Clerk-Auditor Office at 435-657-3190


Travel.State.Gov - Official State Department Website

This site will give you all information you need to know about passports and passport cards.

Property Tax Relief

Reminder of Tax Relief for the 2023 Tax Year

Property tax abatements are available for primary residences.

  1. Blind‐if an eye doctor has certified that you are legally blind in both eyes - Blind Persons Property Tax Exemption Application -pdf (updated for 2023)
  2. Circuit Breaker Renter ‐ if you are over 66 years of age, or a widow(er), and your household income for 2022 was less than $38,369 - Renter Refund Application -pdf (updated for 2023)
  3. Circuit Breaker Low Income ‐ if you are under 66 years of age, experiencing hardship, and your household income for 2021 was less than $38,369 - Low Income Abatement and Homeowner's Tax Credit Application -pdf (updated for 2023)
  4. Disabled Veteran‐if you have a Disability Rating from the VA of at least 10% - Veteran with a Disability Property Tax Exemption Application -pdf (updated for 2023)
  5. Active Duty Military - If you were deployed with the military for 200 days - Active Duty Armed Forces Property Tax Exemption Application -pdf (updated for 2023)
Abatement Publication

Forms are available in the Wasatch County Clerk/Auditors office at 25 North Main Street, Heber City, Utah. If you have questions, please come in or contact this office by phone at 435‐657‐3190.

Please turn your forms in by September 1, 2023, so the abatement can be shown on your 2023 tax notice. The final deadline is December 31, 2023.

Public Records Request (GRAMA)

Public Records Request

The Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) provides every person the right to request records from any governmental entity in Utah (Utah Code Section 63G-2-201(1)).

How to File a Request for Records Under GRAMA

Please visit the Utah State Archives Information page:

To File a Request for Records Under GRAMA

Please visit the Utah State Open Records Portal -

Referendum Information

Referendum Information

Referendum Results

Proposition Information Pamphlet

Referendum Petition Packet

Referendum Signature Removal

A voter who signs a referendum petition may have the voter’s signature removed from the petition by submitting to the clerk a statement requesting that the voter’s signature be removed. 

The statement cannot be submitted by email or other electronic means. The statement requesting a signature be removed must contain the following: 

  1. The name of the voter; 
  2. The resident address at which the voter is registered to vote; 
  3. The voter’s signature; and 
  4. The date the voter signed the request for removal.

The statement may include the voter’s birth date or age to increase the likelihood of the voter’s signature being identified and removed.

State of Utah Entity Registration

Entity Registry

The requirements to submit this information are located in UCA 67-1a-15. All of the questions coincide with the information required to be gathered under this section of code.

State Entity Registration Link

Tax Sale Information

Tax Sale Information

Notice is hereby given that the Wasatch County final tax sale, pursuant to Utah Code section 59-2-1351.1, will be held starting on May 30, 2024 at 10:00 A.M online through Public Surplus at

2024 County Tax Sale Information